Egypt Travel Guide
A comprehensive Egypt travel guide to the history and culture of Egypt and all of the sites you will see during your egypt tour. Egypt's history is much longer than most countries'. In over 5000 years, many important figures have emerged and countless events and tours have shaped history and culture in the Coptic Cairo, the great Luxor and Aswan by cruising the best Nile Cruises. Also, don't miss the experience of Lake Nasser cruises, Nile steamer cruise, long Nile cruise. This Egypt travel tips will tell you about the most famous attractions, cities and historical places to explore Egypt's past from ancient times up to the present.
Egyptian Culture and Travel Info
Know more about the Egyptian culture and traditions, and check our Egypt travel advice list that you need to know for arrival in Egypt.
Check our Egypt Travel Advice list and know more information about the Egyptian Travel Destinations that you need to know before you visit Egypt. Know more about Cairo, Alexandria, Luxor, Aswan, The Nile Valley, The Red Sea and more.
ِAncient Egyptian History
Egypt's history is much longer than most countrys'. In over 5000 years, many important figures have emerged and countless events have shaped Egypt's history and culture. This brief overview will tell you about the most famous people and greatest moments in Egypt's long history and inspire you to explore Egypt's past from ancient times up to the present.
Information about the history of Cairo and all of the most significant sites around the city
Information about the history of Alexandria and all of the most significant sites around the city
Get to know about the history, places to visit and things to do in Luxor. Know more about all the most significant sites around the city.
Information about the history of Aswan and all of the most significant sites around the city
Information about all of the most famous sites that you will see traveling around lake nasser.
Nile Valley is an introduction to all the most famous sites that you will see traveling through the Nile Valley. Know more!
Red Sea and Sinai
Information about the resorts and touristic cities on Egypt’s Red Sea coast and in the Sinai Peninsula
Information about the culture and tourism activities that are available in the deserts and oases of Egypt
Ports of Call
Information about all of the ports in Egypt where your cruiseship might be docking and the adventures available on shore excursions
To ensure the health and safety of our travelers, Memphis Tours has adapted to the new care measures established by WHO. We are taking all the necessary procedures and precautions when it comes to the health and safety of our travelers as your safety and well-being remain our top priority. We always aim to ensure that your trip is stress-free. With Memphis Tours, traveling and exploring Egypt with health and safety will be possible.
- The currency of Egypt is the Egyptian pound, The value of the Pound is effectively fixed at the rate of 0.056 LE to 1 USD, Credit cards are widely used in Egypt.
- Service charges that have been included on your bill go to the restaurant, not the waiter. Be sure to tip the servers 10% in addition by handing it to them directly.
- The metro is one of the best ways to go from one place to another within Cairo.
- Arabic is the official language, English is widely used as second language.
- Try “Fool”, Egyptian beans, and “Koshary”, a traditional Egyptian pasta dish.
- Try Kebab and Kofta, the Egyptian traditional meat dish.
- Visit the Pyramids of Giza, the Sphinx and valley temple which belongs to king Chephren.
- See Luxor temple, Hatshepsut temple, Valley of the Kings and Karnak temple in Luxor.
- Admire the wonders of ancient history at the Egyptian Museum.
- Discover the magic of Egyptian oases like Siwa or Bahariya
- Dive or snorkel in Sinai or cities situated on the Red Sea.
- Going on a Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan or vise versa.
- Shop at Khan El Khalili touristic market in Cairo.
- Visit Philae and Abu Simbel temples in Aswan.
- Visit the Saint Catherine Monastery in Sinai.
- Exploring Islamic Cairo on foot.