Trip to Egypt: Pyramids & Nile by Train
Discover Egypt's top highlights through exciting tour across the country. It is a tailor-made tour over Nile river and railways. This is a cheaper alternative to our popular Pyramids & Nile by Air. You’ll be traveling to Aswan via sleeper train. At first, in Cairo, you’ll visit the Great Pyramids of Giza. This is the place where you witness the greatness of the last standing monument of ancient seven wonders of the world. Then, travel by the sleeper train to Aswan where a luxurious cruise ship awaits you to spend three days sailing on the Nile. Be ready to explore and enjoy the sightseeing between Aswan and Luxor.
- Meet and greet service by our representatives upon your airport arrival
- Assistance with guest relations during your stay
- All transfers in a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Accommodation for 2 nights in Cairo including bed and breakfast
- Accommodation for 3 nights on a 5-star superior Nile cruise ship, full board
- Accommodation for 2 nights on sleeper train, half board
- Free Wifi is included onboard the cruise
- Re-fill minbar with minral water and soft drink is included in the offer
- Private sightseeing tours in Cairo (listed on itinerary)
- Sightseeing tours on the cruise shared with a Memphis Tours group
- Entrance fees to all sites mentioned on the itinerary
- All meals mentioned on the itinerary
- Local English speaking tour guide.
- Bottled water during outings outside of hotel or cruise ship
- Portage as needed
- All service charges and taxes
Note: Egyptian trains are designed and maintained according to standards of quality determined by the Egyptian Railway Authority. The sleeper train from Cairo to Aswan takes about 14 hours, and the journey from Luxor to Cairo takes about 11 hours. To reduce time spent traveling, you can upgrade your trip package for about $165 per person to travel by domestic flight instead (about 1.5 hours).
- International airfare
- Entry visa to Egypt
- Any optional tours
- Personal spending
Day 1: Arrival in Cairo - Welcome to the Land of the Pharaohs
Overnight in Cairo.
Day 2: Pyramids and Cairo Sightseeing - Train to Aswan
Overnight accommodations inside your compartment on the train.
Day 3: Aswan Nile Cruise Tours
Overnight aboard your cruise in Aswan.
Day 4: Kom Ombo
Overnight aboard your cruise in Edfu.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 5: Luxor Nile Cruise Tours
Overnight aboard your cruise in Luxor.
Day 6: Luxor Nile Cruise - Train to Cairo
Overnight in your private compartment on the train.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner.
Day 7: Cairo Optional Excursions
Overnight at your hotel in Cairo.
Day 8: Cairo - Fly Back Home
Everything was perfect: our guides and drivers. Memphis Tours met all my expectations. Thanks.
This tour was good but there were a few disappointing things that kept it from being great. The train took longer than expected so we had to shift a few things around.
My family and I really enjoyed our experience in Egypt. Our tour guide and Our tour leader were very knowledgeable and very well spoken. We really enjoyed their company from the time we landed in Egypt until the time we left.