Egyptian Culture and Travel Info
Know more about the Egyptian culture and traditions, and check our Egypt travel advice list that you need to know for arrival in Egypt including food and drink of Egypt, Egyptian cuisine, Egypt weather and climate, safety in Egypt for tourists, Egypt visa requirements, and Ramadan in Egypt to help your planning your Egypt Tour Package!
Almost all regions celebrate Christmas in Egypt and New Year season. Celebrations may vary from one region to another. Know more about the Top places to visit in Egypt during Christmas and New Year vacation.
- The currency of Egypt is the Egyptian pound, The value of the Pound is effectively fixed at the rate of 0.056 LE to 1 USD, Credit cards are widely used in Egypt.
- Service charges that have been included on your bill go to the restaurant, not the waiter. Be sure to tip the servers 10% in addition by handing it to them directly.
- The metro is one of the best ways to go from one place to another within Cairo.
- Arabic is the official language, English is widely used as second language.
- Try “Fool”, Egyptian beans, and “Koshary”, a traditional Egyptian pasta dish.
- Try Kebab and Kofta, the Egyptian traditional meat dish.
- Visit the Pyramids of Giza, the Sphinx and valley temple which belongs to king Chephren.
- See Luxor temple, Hatshepsut temple, Valley of the Kings and Karnak temple in Luxor.
- Admire the wonders of ancient history at the Egyptian Museum.
- Discover the magic of Egyptian oases like Siwa or Bahariya
- Dive or snorkel in Sinai or cities situated on the Red Sea.
- Going on a Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan or vise versa.
- Shop at Khan El Khalili touristic market in Cairo.
- Visit Philae and Abu Simbel temples in Aswan.
- Visit the Saint Catherine Monastery in Sinai.
- Exploring Islamic Cairo on foot.