Frankincense Trail (West Salalah) Shore Excursion
Enjoy one of our best Salalah Shore Excursions in the west where you will visit the tomb of Prophet Job and the Museum of the Frankincense Land, the latest addition to Oman's heritage and cultural scene.
- Pick up services from and return to Salalah Port
- All transfers by an air-conditioned vehicle
- English speaking guide cum driver during tour
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites
- All taxes and service charge
- Personal Spending
Your guide will pick you up from Salalah Port to start your Frankincense Trail Shore Excursion and visit the tomb of Prophet Job, who finds mention in the Holy Quran and Holy Bible. The trip continues to Mughsayl, famous for its blow-holes, where the rough sea spews out water with force, creating a dramatic setting. Mughsayl is also famous for a bird sanctuary. Experience the Hairpin Bend Roads for approximately 15/20 kms, which will take you to a wadi. The views are fascinating due to heights involved. This is the road that takes you to the Yemen border. At the nearby bird sanctuary, one may see seasonal birds. En route, we pass by the frankincense trail to see frankincense trees, which produce the scented gum. Once traded as a commodity more precious than gold, frankincense harvested in Dhofar is rated the best in the world. Then you will get back to Salalah Port.
- Notes: You will be picked up from Port Main Gate. You will be transported by a shuttle bus free of charge from the cruise exit door to the port main gate.