St. Catherine Day Trip from Sharm Marina
Drive to the foot of Mount Sinai to visit St. Catherine Monastery, the oldest continuously working Christian monastery in the world. Visit Dahab on the Red Sea for lunch before returning to your ship.
- Pick up service from Sharm Marine & return
- All transfers by air conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees to St. Catherine
- English speaking tour guide
- Lunch at local restaurant in Dahab
- Bottled Water on board the vehicle
- All taxes & service charge
- Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tipping kitty
Memphis Tours representative will pick you up by a private air conditioned from Sharm Marine, and then you will be transferred to St. Catherine to visit St. Catherine monastery 220 km northwest Sharm el Sheikh and located between the St. Catherine's mounts and Moses Mount which is the oldest monastery of Christianity. It is an Orthodox Greek monastery within its amazing walls rests a citadel like no other, incredibly rich in important religious and historical structures. Among its treasures is a library of ancient manuscripts and icons second only to the Vatican’s itself, and a 6th century church reputed to lie directly on the site of the Burning Bush. After that head to Dahab, the Flower Power City in the Red Sea, for a city tour and shopping tours in Dahab. Have lunch at a local restaurant then we will drive you back to Sharm Marine. Tour starts at 07:00 and return 15:00
Beacuse of the prompt reply and professionalism we decided to book all the shore excursions in Egypt and Jordan with Memphis instead of Costa. Good choice! The tours we did:
1) Day trip to Pyramids & Citadel from Port Said
2) Day trip to St. Catherine Monastery from Sharm el Sheikh
3) Day trip to Petra from Aqaba (Jordan)
4) Day trip to Luxor from Safaga
Please note that the above tours are almost the same price as the cruiseline will charge you but you will get a lot more value! A private air-conditioned van, driver, guide and Egyptologist just for your party.
For all cruise passengers I can certainly recommend Memphis Tours for the shore excursions in Egypt and Jordan!
Thanks goes out to Hamdy and all guides involved!