Tour to Dendera and Abydos Temples
Discover Luxor Tours while driving north from Luxor for a day to see two of the most complete temples in Egypt. Abydos temple and Hathor temple at Dendara may be the best preserved in Egypt with full color still visible on its walls.
- Pick up services from your hotel in Luxor and return
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Private English-speaking Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites
- Bottled water on board the vehicle during the tour
- All service charges & taxes
- Any extras not mentioned in the program
Memphis Tours representative will pick you up from your hotel in Luxor to discover the ancient sites. First, visit Abydos, the ancient Egyptian believed of God (Lord of the underworld) to be buried there. The temple was built by King Seti I, and completed by King Ramsess II, known as the temple of Seti I. It is located in Abydos city about 420 km to the south of Cairo in Sohag Government, and 135 km from Luxor . The paintings of the Gods and Pharaohs on the walls of the Osiris Temple at Abydos are among the most beautifully preserved in Egypt. Then continue to Dendera to visit the Temple of Hathor, goddess of love and joy. The temple is located in Dendera which is situated at the north of Luxor.