Tour to the West Bank in Luxor
See the funerary temples and tombs on the Nile's West Bank. Visit the Valley of the Kings, the Colossi of Memnon and Hatshepsut Temple, dedicated to the most famous powerful queen of Egypt Queen Hatshepsut
- Pick up services from your hotel in Luxor and return
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Private English-speaking Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites
- Bottled water on board the vehicle during the tour
- All service charges & taxes
- Any extras not mentioned in the program
*NB: The tickets of Valley of the Kings including three tombs according to the Ministry of Tourism instruction.
Memphis Tours representative will pick you up from your hotel in Luxor to discover the West bank of Luxor. Start your day visiting Valley of the Kings, the magnificence of the grandeur of architecture which was used for burial, there are many kings buried in this valley. You will visit 3 tombs excluding the Tomb of King Tutankhamun.
Move on to enjoy the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, which was built by Queen Hatshepsut, daughter of Thutmosis I, who ruled Egypt about 20 years during the 18th Dynasty (approximately from 1490 to 1469 B.C), the only pharaonic woman who reigned ancient Egypt. Later on, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Luxor.
On the first morning, Memphis Tours picked us up from our hotel in Luxor to discover the West bank of Luxor. We visited the magnificent Valley of the Kings as our first stop. Then we moved on to enjoy the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut built by Queen Hatshepsut herself, the only woman who reigned ancient Egypt. On the second day, we discovered the east bank of Luxor and visited the Karnak Temples, dedicated to the God Amon, his wife Mut and their son Khonsu.
Then we went to Luxor Temple and enjoyed visiting the Obelisk of Ramses II whose other pair stands in Paris! Our guide, egyptologist Abdelaal Wannan's knowledge was truly impressive. He explained in great detail the history of ancient Egypt and the sites we visited. Abdelaal had a vast knowledge and passion about ancient Egyptian culture, history and religion. He made the tour very interesting and treated us like family. He was very attentive and informative and answered all our questions (his English was excellent). The profesionalism of both Abdelaal and the driver was outstanding and highly recommended. I must mention that Abdelaal has talent for taking really great photos if you want your photo taken in the amazing temples!
1) Half day West Bank tour ~ Sayed our guide was humerous and informative. He let us have as long or as short a time at each venue and was very knowledgable
2) Full day in Cairo, Ruby in Luxor accompanied us to check-in and got us emergency exit seats for our flight to Cairo, he also checked us in for the return flight, saving us time later on. Tarek was awaiting us in arrivals and took us to our driver and guide. We had an amazing day in Cairo, we chose to drop the souk from the suggested itinery and returned to Luxor earlier than planned, we still fitted in the Pyramids, Sphinx, Coptic Churches & Cairo Museum. Traffic in Cairo is HORRENDOUS but our driver was Excellent.
With a private guide you are not forced to visit carpet factories/gold centres etc. as happens with other operators group excursions.
We were protected from hawkers & hassle and all or tickets etc. were sorted for us.
We were very impressed with Memphis and will definitely use them again when we return to Egypt and highly recommend them.