Footprints of Africa
Take only wisdom and leave only footprints as you connect with nature on this invigorating journey through the land of Kenya. Footprints of Africa takes you deep into the heart of Kenya, where the wild beast of every kind roams. Visit beautiful lakes like Nakuru and Elementaita and gaze in awe at Mount Kilimanjaro, let the adventure begin.
- Accommodation as stipulated in the itinerary.
- Transportation in a chauffeur driven minivan or 4 x 4 land cruiser with a pop up roof for game viewing & photography.
- Services of an English speaking driver-guide
- All game viewing drives
- All parks entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary.
- All Government taxes and levies.
- Complimentary 500 ml mineral water per person per game drive in the safari vehicle.
- All meet and greet services.
- All arrival and departure transfers.
- 24 hours stand-by contact number.
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary.
- Two-way long range high frequency radio communication in each vehicle.
- On safari accessories in each vehicle: - First-aid kit, wildlife books, a pair of binoculars, cool box and fire extinguisher.
- All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills etc. Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver- guide(s). Budget approx. $ 5.00 – $ 10.00 per person per day for lodge and hotel staff, $ 2.00 per bag for porters and $ 30.00 per day for driver-guides).
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks,
- International flight and departure taxes.
- Laundry services.
- Any other item(s) not included in our itinerary.
- Visa fees
Day 1: Arrival Nairobi - Welcome to Kenya
Upon arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi, you will meet our representative who will assist with the transfer to Nairobi Serena.
Justly famed for its exceptional standards of efficiency, service and five-star hospitality, the elegantly sophisticated Nairobi Serena Hotel is a member of ‘The Leading Hotels of the World’ and was selected as 'Kenya's Leading Buisness Hotel' and 'Africa's Leading Green Hotel' at the World Travel Awards 2016.
Despite its pivotal central hotel location in Nairobi, Kenya; the Nairobi Serena remains true to its title and offers an oasis of serenity amidst the bustle of one of Africa's most vibrant capital cities.
Overnight: Nairobi Serena
Meal Plan: Bed and Breakfast
Day 2: Amboseli National Park
Overnight: Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge
Day 3: Amboseli National Park
Day 4: Lake Elementaita
Overnight: Lake Elementaita Serena Camp
Day 5: Lake Nakuru National Park
Overnight: Sarova Lion Hill Lodge
Day 6: Maasai Mara National Reserve
You will an enroute game viewing drive in Nakuru as you proceed to Maasai Mara, Kenya’s most famous wildlife reserve arriving at 1600hrs. Embark on a game viewing drive on arrival as you are transferred to your camp for dinner and overnight.
The Maasai Mara is arguably Kenya’s most popular game reserve. It is most famous and most visited game reserve in Kenya. The film “Out of Africa” was made to a great extend in this sanctuary. There is a profusion of all types of wildlife including the big five. A spectacle worth seeing is the annual migration of millions of wildebeests, zebras, and the gazelles from the Serengeti plains across the Tanzania border and the Mara river to reach Maasai Mara grazing fields from late June. The game reserve abounds with birdlife since close to about four hundred and fifty two odd species have been recorded.
Overnight: Mara Serena Safari Lodge
Meal Plan: Full Board
Day 7: On Safari in Maasai Mara
Take another sunup game drive after muffins and coffee. Keep in mind, each game drive is distinct, and since the camps are small, the drives can be tailored to the group's preferences. Your driver and guide can always stop for an hour or so if you come across a lioness on a hunt.
Return to lodge for a late brunch; then keep a look out for game, read or just kick back. After lunch and a siesta, set off on your late afternoon game drive. At the end of the drive, you'll stop for a drink and watch night fall over the Maasai Mara.
Overnight: Mara Serena Safari Lodge
Meal Plan: Full Board
Optional (Not included in the cost)
This can been undertaken during your second or third day in MaasaiMara. Kindly find here below a brief itinerary: Pick up from your lodge at 05. 30 Hrs and your will be transferred to the launching grounds. Embark on a 1-hour ride over the MaasaiMara National Park to enjoy magnificent birds’ eye view of the wild game in this reserve. The mighty Mara remains one of Kenya's best loved reserves habouring miles of wide savannah, rolling hills and riverine forest with huge grazing herds, bountiful birdlife and one of Africa's largest population of lions.
After an hour of awe-inspiring views, you will land to the welcome of a sumptious champagne breakfast in the wild. Thereafter, you will be transferred to your camp, game drive enroute. End of Balloon Safari
Price: US$. 490.00 per person
Day 8: Nairobi – Departure
After breakfast at the Camp, bid farewell to the Maasai Mara as you set on your journey back to Nairobi. Drive back down the Great Rift Valley to Nairobi, passing the dormant volcano, Mount Longonot, and Lakes Elementaita and Naivasha on the way. Keep an eye out for herds of giraffe and gazelle and head up the escarpment. You will arrive in Kenya's bustling capital city Nairobi in the early afternoon where you will be transferred to the Jomo Kenyatta International airport for your departure flight back home.
Say good bye to the wonderful country and promise to join us on another expedition
SRS (Peak Season USD 750)
SRS (Shoulder Season USD 600)
SRS (Low Season USD 500)