Muscat & Nakhl Oasis Experience
About 7 hours
Trip type : Private Guided Tours
Trip runs : Every Day
Pick-up Location : Muscat Port
Return To : Muscat Port
Pick-up Time :
Your guide will meet at your hotel in Muscat at 8:30 AM to begin your tour. The first stop will be the beautiful Grand Mosque of Muscat. Built over a period of 6 years from 1995 to 2001, this beautiful building includes a chandelier of pure Swarovski crystal and 5 minarets, representing the five pillars of Islam. From the mosque, you will proceed to Nakhl. Nakhl has the highest fort in Oman, standing proudly on top of a hill. You will visit Al Thowara Oasis and enjoy a picnic lunch in the shade of the palm groves. In the afternoon, return to Muscat to visit Al Alam Palace and the forts of Jalali and Mirani, which were built by the Portuguese in the 16th century during their rule of the coastal cities of Oman. Finally, you will proceed to the old city of Muscat and the Muttrah souk, a traditional Omani market. The souk offers a wide range of goods, especially typical Omani souvenirs like Frankincense, Omani daggers (Khanjar), beautiful silver handicrafts and scarves. The guide will escort you on the stroll through the souk and help you bargain for the best price with the merchants. Transfer back to the port.
- PORT GATE **GUEST NEEDS TO TAKE SHUTTLE BUS FROM THE CRUISE TO THE GATE**
- Pick up services from your Muscat Port & return.
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Local English speaking guide
- Lunch in local restaurant (traditional Biriyani with Fish/Vegetables or Chicken)
- Small bottle of mineral water during the tour
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites.
- All taxes & service charge.
- Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary
Prices per Person
Tailoring your trip
Call a specialist on
and can be tailored by our passionate and dedicated Tour Consultants to suit your specific requirements and needs
Call a specialist on 1-800-490-0512