Wadi Shab Shore Excursion
Take a day trip south from Muscat to visit the beautiful coastal oasis of Wadi Shab and get in touch with the traditional Omani and visit Bimah Sinkhole along the way.
- Pick up from and return to Muscat Port
- All transfers in an air-conditioned 4x4 vehicle
- English speaking guide come driver during tour
- Entrance fees at all the mentioned sites
- All taxes and service charge
- Picnic lunch in Wadi Shab
- Personal Spending
Your guide will meet you at Muscat Port 07:30 to drive south toward Wadi Shab and start your Wadi Walk Shore Excursion. On the way you will stop at Quriyat, a seaside fishing village, and visit the Bimah Sinkhole for a swim in this beautiful and unusual rock formation formed when an underground cavern collapsed. Continuing on to Wadi Shab, you will have a photo stop at Wadi Tiwi, which is full of traditional Omani buildings that date back centuries. Visit the small fort guarding the entrance to the wadi, which means ‘valley’ in Arabic. Once in the valley, you will be able to admire the beautiful landscape that fresh water springs have created there. Walking through banana plantations and date palm groves and admire the terraced fields that have supported people here for centuries. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended. After finishing your exploration of Wadi Shab you will begin the trip back to Muscat. The tour will last approximately 8 hours, returning you to at Muscat Port in mid-afternoon.
- Note: Not Recommended in Summer
- Note: You will be picked up from Port Main Gate. You will be transported by a shuttle bus free of charge from the cruise exit door to the port main gate.