Do's and Don'ts
- Do shake hands when meeting people conservative veiled women may not reach out.
- Do stand up when greeting others.
- When finished with your cup of Arabic coffee, shake your cup from side to side in order to let your host know that you do not wish to drink more. If more coffee is desired, then simply hold your cup out to the person carrying the coffeepot.
- Do accept when Arabic coffee is offered to you by your host, as coffee is an important cultural symbol of hospitality, simultaneously extended and accepted as an act of reciprocated goodwill.
- Do carry plenty of loose change with you, as many Jordanians usually do not carry adequate change.
- Do tip waiters approximately 10% gratuity in addition to the bill (unless a service charge is included in the total bill).
- Do round your taxi fare up to the nearest tenth when paying your driver.
- Do haggle with merchants when shopping.
- Do dress conservatively when exploring public areas of Jordan.
- Do be aware that Arabs tend to stand a fraction of the distance closer when conversing than people do in the West.
- Do feel free to consume alcoholic beverages, but not in outside public areas.
- Don't interrupt, or pass in front of, a Muslim who may be praying in a public place.
- Don't openly consume food, beverages, or cigarettes in public places during the holy month of Ramadan.
- Don't dress provocatively when walking outdoors.
- Don't panic if an acquaintance "pecks" you on the cheeks when greeting you, as Arabs have traditionally kissed each other on both cheeks as a warm gesture of welcome and affection.
- Don't feel uncomfortable if your host insists on "over feeding" you during a meal, as Arabs traditionally view food as an important symbol of hospitality, generosity, and goodwill – the more the better!
- Don't feel that you are required to tip your taxi driver, as tipping in such a scenario is not necessary, but is certainly appreciated.
Travel Experience Since 1955
Memphis Tours is one of the pioneers which have great impact on travel industry for more than 55 years of experience.
Personalized Travel Services
Whatever your travel dreams, together we can custom-design the perfect itinerary with highly personalized services just for you
We Speak Your Language
A multilingual website offers content in 8 different languages English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Japanese and Chinese
Flexibility to Change
We know how important it is for travellers to have the flexibility to change their itinerary due to some reasons or force majeure
Your Safety and Security
A professional will accompany the guests to all of the places; they will never be left alone to fend for themselves
High Quality Service
We do believe honestly that quality should come first and quantity would come later and our main objective focused on (Quality is our Top Priority)
Customer Service 24/7
We offer Customer Support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by phone and email for questions about our tours and services
Support Sustainable Tourism
We are attempting to make a low impact on the environment and local culture, while helping to generate future employment for local people
Secure Online Payment
Our website is protected by the world′s most secure online payment system VeriSign Secure
Secure Website by MacAfee
Memphis Tours website is a McAfee Secure site that helps keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud and spyware