Mountains constitute a large percentage of the environment of Oman. The flora and fauna living in these mountains vary. Al Hajar Mountains are in the north of Oman and extend from Musandam Peninsula in the north to Ras Al Hadd in Al Sharqiyah South Governorate. Wadi Samail divides it into two parts: east and west. Jabal Shams (Sun Mountain) summit is the highest point in the Al Hajar Mountains, rising at an altitude of 3,009 metres above sea level. Oman is a beautiful country in nature, if you prefer small, friendly and welcoming people country, Oman is your ideal destination, you can discover it through one of our Oman travel packages!
- Arabic is the official language in Oman, English is also widely spoken.
- The currency of Oman is the Omani Rial. Major credit and debit cards are widely accepted throughout the country, besides there are plenty of ATMs in Oman.
- Water is considered safe but bottled water is better just in case.
- Don’t leave Oman without some frankincense, shisha pipe, a coffee Dallah.
- Oman is a liberal place. However, it is advisable to dress modestly, when entering places of worship (shoulders to knees should be covered).
- It is offensive to take pictures of people without asking them for permission.
- Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque is indeed grand! Explore at the second largest chandelier in the world and the huge prayer rug that took 27 months to weave.
- Take a 4WD jeep tour to discover the multicolored sand of the desert of the Wahiba Sands.
- Cruise your way past the breathtaking mountains and relax on cushions and carpets aboard a traditional Omani dhow.
- Explore the oasis of Al Hamra surrounded by the majestic Hajar Mountains.
- Indulge in the natural emerald pools of Wadi Bani Khaled.
- Enjoy Wadi Al Arbiyeen’s Al-Sharqiyah and Al-Hajar Mountains and its deep pools.
- Have a glimpse of Wadi Ad Dayqah, which is popular for its water flows year-round.
- Go on adventurous hikes or enjoy some boating Wadi Al Shab.
- Enjoy Wadi Al Ta’iyeen, an idyllic valley dotted with acacia trees and small hills.
- Enjoy watching the blind Garra Baremiae fish swim the lake within Al-Hoota cave.
- Enjoy the paintings and poetry that line the walls of Jabrin Castle.