Beaches in Oman
Oman’s coastline stretches for a distance of 3,165 kilometers, including beaches overlooking the Sea of Oman, the Arabian Sea and the Straits of Hormuz in the North. The nature of this coastal strip varies from tourist-friendly sandy beaches where summer holiday-makers hang out, and the rocky coasts, bays, islands, and lagoons with their diverse geographical make-up, making them ideal for fishing and marine excursions. The most important beaches. Oman is a beautiful country in nature, if you prefer small, friendly and welcoming people country, Oman is your ideal destination, you can discover it through one of our Oman Tours!
- Arabic is the official language in Oman, English is also widely spoken.
- The currency of Oman is the Omani Rial. Major credit and debit cards are widely accepted throughout the country, besides there are plenty of ATMs in Oman.
- Water is considered safe but bottled water is better just in case.
- Don’t leave Oman without some frankincense, shisha pipe, a coffee Dallah.
- Oman is a liberal place. However, it is advisable to dress modestly, when entering places of worship (shoulders to knees should be covered).
- It is offensive to take pictures of people without asking them for permission.
- Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque is indeed grand! Explore at the second largest chandelier in the world and the huge prayer rug that took 27 months to weave.
- Take a 4WD jeep tour to discover the multicolored sand of the desert of the Wahiba Sands.
- Cruise your way past the breathtaking mountains and relax on cushions and carpets aboard a traditional Omani dhow.
- Explore the oasis of Al Hamra surrounded by the majestic Hajar Mountains.
- Indulge in the natural emerald pools of Wadi Bani Khaled.
- Enjoy Wadi Al Arbiyeen’s Al-Sharqiyah and Al-Hajar Mountains and its deep pools.
- Have a glimpse of Wadi Ad Dayqah, which is popular for its water flows year-round.
- Go on adventurous hikes or enjoy some boating Wadi Al Shab.
- Enjoy Wadi Al Ta’iyeen, an idyllic valley dotted with acacia trees and small hills.
- Enjoy watching the blind Garra Baremiae fish swim the lake within Al-Hoota cave.
- Enjoy the paintings and poetry that line the walls of Jabrin Castle.