All of the exciting attractions available to tourists in Jordan as well as information about travel in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
To ensure the health and safety of our travelers, Memphis Tours has adapted to the new care measures established by WHO. We are taking all the necessary procedures and precautions when it comes to the health and safety of our travelers as your safety and well-being remain our top priority. We always aim to ensure that your trip is stress-free. With Memphis Tours, traveling and exploring Jordan with health and safety will be possible.
- The currency of Jordan is the Jordanian Dinar. The value of the dinar is effectively fixed at the rate of .71 JD to 1 USD, Credit cards are widely used in Jordan.
- Service charges that have been included on your bill go to the restaurant, not the waiter. Be sure to tip the servers 10% in addition by handing it to them directly.
- Dress respectfully with modesty in mind. This means opting for shorts or skirts that touch the knee, high necklines and keeping shoulders covered.
- The easiest way to get around in Jordan is to use the plentiful taxis. Most taxis have meters if you are in Amman you can depend on this.
- Arabic is the official language, English is widely used as second language.
- Try “Fool” and “Falfal”, a traditional Jordanian breakfast dish.
- Try Mansaf, the Jordanian traditional meat dish.
- Visit the amazing ancient rose-red city of Petra, one of the Seven Wonders of the World "UNESCO World Heritage Site"
- See the beautiful architecture of obelisks, temples, sacrificial altars and colonnaded streets of the ruined Roman city.
- Spend a night camping at the inspiring natural beauty of Wadi Rum watching stunning stars.
- visit Jerash, the ancient city is reminiscent of the Roman Empire.
- Climb the mountain to see High Place of Sacrifice Petra
- See the Royal tombs, Siq entrance and Treasury of Petra
- Visit Mount Nebo, the memorial of Moses.
- Spend a day at beautiful Aqaba city.
- Early Christian mosaics at Madaba.
- Float in the salty Dead Sea.