Hello, My name is Rania
I’d like to be your tour guide in Egypt. I’m working as a tour guide for 8 years, and I really enjoy it. Because I like to learn about different cultures I chose to study English Literature, for 4 years I enjoyed such field till I had the Bachelor degree. Then I switched my career to study Ancient Egyptian history and archaeology for 6 years till I attained the Masters degree. You’ve been thinking about going to Egypt for a long time, so let’s explore Egypt, Egyptian history, and Egyptian society together. Many people say “ We travel to see how the other half lives”, thus it is your chance now to get closer to see this different part of the world. Pyramids, Pharaohs, Mummies were always in your Egyptian dreams my job is to let your dreams come true.
- 8 years working as a tour guide 3 of them working with Memphis tours.
- 3 years as a lecturer at the Faculty of Tourism Guidance October University.
- We booked with Memphis tours for our trip on the Nile River and were very pleased all that they offered. I was particularly pleased with our Tour guide Rania Yahia. She was so knowledgable and also entertained us with her quick wit and sense of humour. We sailed on the Amarco I, From Luxor to Aswan and not only did we see many great sights, but we were also offered extra things to do as well. I was particularly pleased the way Memphis tours catered for our group of four. We had our own car and driver for all the tours as well as our own table when dining on board. At one occasion we were on a felucca that was taking a long time to get us back to our ship (there was no wind). Rania organised a power boat to quickly come and get us. I would highly recommend Rania, at Memphis Tours as well as the Amarco I. The food on board was excellent, as was the service.
Visited September 2011
- My recent trip to Egypt was a fabulous experience, Memphis Tours were sensational in taking care of us. Their Egyptologist Rania was fantastic her knowledge of history and the cities we visited was superb. I was unfortunate to have my camera stolen at Edfu and Rania went above and beyond her duty in organizing time for me to visit the Tourist Police in her own time so I could make a statement and report the theft. She is a kind and caring person and lots of fun to be around. In a country where you don’t know the language or the customs I felt very safe in her capable hands. I have been recommending Memphis Tours and Rania to all my friends. We loved her so much we even requested her for our 5 day tour of Cairo. She is a fantastic addition to your company.
Visited August 2011
- Our guide was Rania Y. and she was awesome -- very knowledgeable and easy to work with. She maximized our visit to the pyramid sites at both Giza and Sakkarra, because she knew just what we would want to know and what we would want to see at each site. Memphis had also arranged a lunch for us at a nearby cafe and the food was delicious!
We chose not to visit a papyrus institute, which is an option on just about EVERY tour we saw -- and from what we heard from others, we didn't miss much. It was our goal to visit the pyramids and sphinx, so we were happy to head back to our ship once this was accomplished. This was just one of the benefits to taking a private tour rather than one from the cruise line.
The people from our cruise who went with the cruiseline tours complained bitterly about the way they were accosted by vendors at the various attractions -- and they were disappointed in the short time they had to see the pyramids. We were NOT targeted by vendors to nearly the degree the larger tour groups were -- not because we didn't look like tourists, but simply because we were not hopping of a bus with 50 other people. I also believe that Rania was a familiar face to many of the vendors and they knew not to bother her 'charges.' We were also able to spend as much time as we wanted at the things that were important to us and did not feel that frantic rush that we needed to get 'back on the bus.'
All in all, we had a great visit to Egypt, mostly because of Rania and the professionalism we experienced on our Memphis tour.
Visited December 2010
- We were met at the airport by a representative who took care of our visa paperwork. A driver was waiting to bring us to our hotel. They got us checked in and for the next two weeks it was like that-- always someone to meet us, check us in, drive us, etc. at all our various stops. We loved our guides and drivers-- Amr & Sheiko Nasser in Cairo, Mustafa & Dr. H (Hassein) & Ronia in Aswan, Ahmed in Sharm, Zakaria & Admir in the White Desert, and Abd who met us at the airport -- all were awesome people, fun to hang out with and great at their jobs.
The sites we visited were amazing- beyond words. And we loved that we had one on one tours. We did not show up in a huge bus with 40 other people, but instead in our own comfortable car with a driver and our guide.
We loved the trip to the desert, although it was a long drive it was worth the experience. We didn't feel like tourists for the night, we were all just a bunch of people hanging around a camp fire in beautiful Egypt.
Not so great--- sleeper train to Aswan. Sharm el-Sheikh - too touristy and loud. Tipping for everything. Even though I paid for the trip ahead of time, tipping always felt like the right way to go and at times, I felt like I was paying twice (although the original cost was quite reasonable-not expensive.) Also, one last thing I did not like was being brought to special stores, especially early on in trip. Often felt pushed to buy or politely listen to a sales pitch. I wanted more time at the pyramids and less time looking at expensive souvenirs. I wish I had known to speak up and tell our guide to not bring us to these shops (as we did not come with a ton of money).
But other that above mentioned, all in all, this trip was fabulous and we highly recommend Memphis Tours.
Visited November 2011
Our expert travel consultants are ready with ideas that will inspire you on your next journey.
We will work with you to create an unforgettable trip that is entirely your own.
While traveling with us, you can trust that any issues, big or small, will be taken care of.