Hello, I'm Mahmoud Abdel-Ghany
I was born in Giza city and I live very close to the pyramids of Giza. I'm graduated from Cairo University 2000 and working as a tour guide from 2002 till present, touring Egypt from Cairo, Alexandria, Luxor and Aswan to the Western Desert and Sinai. I’m a volunteer in the WTO and UNESCO organization working on developing the local awareness on how to deal with tourists and how to protect Egypt’s heritage and the historical sites. I’m one of those who protested at Tahrir Square and protect the Egyptian Museum which is considered, in my opinion, not only belonging to the Egyptian civilization but is regarded as a world heritage. Especially during the first 3 days in the revolution when there’s unrest and the Egyptian Museum was unsecure.
Education : Cairo University, Faculty of Tourism and Guidance.
Languages : English
- 10 years of experience working with Memphis Tours as a tour guide.
- All my experience is how to deal with the tourist from different nationalities.
- Well, our experience with your organization and staff went well without any difficulties. I have appreciated your very prompt responses to all my questions. I also want to inform you that we were entirely pleased with Mahmoud, and also with Hussein. Both were always attentive, pleasant, and professional. The buses and van used were most comfortable, and were safely driven by very competent drivers. Over all, I would not hesitate to recommend Memphis Tours, and will contact you again when we do another trip to the Holy Land.
Richard Van Deelen
Visited October 2011
- I am a single lady and was nervous of visiting tourist attractions in Cairo post the troubles in Cairo. I contacted Memphis Tours and found them so helpful, professional and inexpensive. The tour leader, Ahmed El Sayed, was really helpful in arranging my day tours and the tour guide Mahmoud Shehab was brilliant with his knowledge and very re-assuring to me as I had a bad experience when I visited The Pyramids on my own last year (which I wouldn't recommend). I will certainly book with Memphis Tours again when I return to Cairo and would recommend them to anyone travelling to Cairo and Egypt. I loved Memphis and would recommend the trip through the counstryside to the Museum...it's worth a visit.
Thank you Memphis Tours.
Visited September 2011
- We just had 4 days in Cairo and had Memphis for airport meet & greet, trip to the pyramids, The Citadel & Felucca ride.
Absolutely fantastic service from Kamal (driver), Abdul (organiser) & Mahmould (guide). Thanks a lot guys we had a great time. Kamal is the best rally driver we've ever had. He knows the width of the van down to the last cm.
Visited August 2011
- Spent last Friday on a day tour booked with Memphis Tours, with Mahmoud (guide) and Hassan (driver); me, my husband, and our daughters aged 13 and 10. We were collected from our hotel promptly, taken to the pyramids, sphinx, for lunch, and then to the Cairo museum and El-Khalili bazaar. Fantastic day for all of us! Very few tourists about, but don't let the recent uprising put you off visiting this amazing city. Mahmoud was fully qualified, extremely knowledgable, and looked after us so well all day. He was great with the kids as well as us! Even though it is Ramadan, so everyone is fasting (and tempers sometimes fray by mid-afternoon), he guided us through the city professionally, answering all our questions and was so informative. He even showed us Tahrir Square (by our request) and talked to us about the recent struggles. Fascinating stuff! Thoroughly recommended for the money. PS We paid half in advance by card, then the rest on the day in US dollars. He even advised us when small tips would be appropriate, and how much.
Visited August 2011
- Memphis Tours are fantastic, we booked on the Internet before our Holiday and everything was wonderful, we were collected from our Hotel in Luxor and taken by minibus to the airport for a flight to Cairo, the flight was fantastic.On our arrival in Cairo , we were met straight away and taken personally to our minibus driver, Hamedy Mahmoud, who was a wonderful driver and kept us all safe on the very crazy roads of Cairo,We truly saw Wonderful things, thanks especially to Mahmoud Abdel Ghany, who was the most wonderful guide in the world, he was so informative and patient, he even took us to the most fantastic restaurant for lunch with a view of the pyramids, you could nearly touch them, please please book up with Memphis Tours for your holiday excursions, you too will have the most wonderful day of your lives !.
Visited July 2011
- Our family of 4 (we have 2 small children) went to Cairo for 4 days with one of Memphis Tours' packages. We stayed at the beautiful Oberi hotel. We booked it on Wednesday and left that Friday (2 days later). That is how quickly our tour was organized! And it was organized very well. All private, of course, with a seasoned, knowledgeable guide (Mahmoud) who we really enjoyed spending time with. Our driver was top-knotch and we also had a tour "manager" (Osama) who is supposed to oversee your trip from beginning to end and he did an outstanding job. I would recommend going to Egypt at this time, especially to Cairo. We felt very safe and welcome. The Egyptian Museum is amazing - like a warehouse of ancient art - it doesn't seem like a museum. But it will soon change locations and I'm sure it will lose some of it's gritty, unassuming feeling which is rare in a museum with such valuable artifacts.
Go to Egypt - they want their tourists back!
Visited June 2011