As mentioned earlier, baksheesh can be both a payment for services and a payment for bending the rules. A small tip might be able to make the keys to a locked tomb appear or cause a security guard to change his mind about closing time. However, it is wise to remember that an unsolicited offer to help seldom comes without the expectation of a little baksheesh, especially at tourism sites.
- Restaurants: It is still customary to leave a 5-10% in addition to the service charge included in the bill. If you smoke shisha, give 2-4 LE to the man who tends the coals.
- Hotel Staff: 5 LE is enough for bellman and other service employees.
- Tour Guides: approximately 20 LE a person for a full day tour is acceptable, but only if you feel comfortable with the quality of the tour. Drivers can be tipped half that amount.
- Bathroom Attendants: 1 LE is appropriate
- Attendants at Archeological Sites: 5 LE is appropriate for any extra favors you receive. Only tip if you have specifically accepted an offer or asked for something.
- In exchange for directions or an answer to a question. You will likely find it impossible to give someone money for helping you find your way. This is just Egyptian hospitality.
- If someone asks you to pay for something you have not asked for.
- In a taxi. Follow the meter and refuse if the driver asks for more. If there is no meter, agree on a price when you get in.
Travel Experience Since 1955
Memphis Tours is one of the pioneers which have great impact on travel industry for more than 55 years of experience.
Personalized Travel Services
Whatever your travel dreams, together we can custom-design the perfect itinerary with highly personalized services just for you
We Speak Your Language
A multilingual website offers content in 8 different languages English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Japanese and Chinese
Flexibility to Change
We know how important it is for travellers to have the flexibility to change their itinerary due to some reasons or force majeure
Your Safety and Security
A professional will accompany the guests to all of the places; they will never be left alone to fend for themselves
High Quality Service
We do believe honestly that quality should come first and quantity would come later and our main objective focused on (Quality is our Top Priority)
Customer Service 24/7
We offer Customer Support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by phone and email for questions about our tours and services
Support Sustainable Tourism
We are attempting to make a low impact on the environment and local culture, while helping to generate future employment for local people
Secure Online Payment
Our website is protected by the world′s most secure online payment system VeriSign Secure
Secure Website by MacAfee
Memphis Tours website is a McAfee Secure site that helps keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud and spyware